Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oxbow Brewing Update


Me & Oxbow Beer Head Brewer, Tim Adams
Novare Res Bier Cafe

This past weekend, I was at Novare Res, with a mom friend, and met local Maine brewer, Tim Adams, from The Oxbow Brewing Company,  in Newcastle.  I've had their Farmhouse Pale Ale back in October as pictured here:



















But, this past weekend, I tried their Freestyle #2 (it's pictured in my pint at the top of this post, when I'm posing next to Tim).  Wow, delicious!  Sadly, I didn't take formal tasting notes, but it is described on their website as a, "Smoked Chocolate Stout - This dry, mysterious stout is designed to drink when the days begin ending earlier.  American ale yeast, Belgian, German, and US Malts, US hops.  4.5% abv." 
Furthermore, Tim's newest release, is a holiday beer, called  Saison Noel, which is now available on draft at Novare Res, for their Bier Geek Christmas Celebration. I've yet to try the Noel but am hoping to get a chance before it runs out.  Thus far, I've really enjoyed the offerings from Oxbow & after meeting Tim, a down to earth, easy to chat with guy, I hope to venture up to Newcastle, someday soon and tour his brewery. 
Remember, this holiday season, support your local breweries.  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Nice, looks tasty ;-)

    Does the /Farmhouse Saison/ use belgian yeast, or is it more to the style that is light and very drinkable, lower ABV etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, their beer specs are found here: http://oxbowbeer.com/Oxbow_Beer/Our_Beers.html
    The FPA has a 6%abv & is a mixture of Belgian yeast & American citrusy hops. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Oxbow's beer. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete