Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dogfish Head Festina Peche


Taste: I could feel the inside of my cheeks puckering up as the beer met my taste buds--a refreshing blast of sour meets sweet with the peach concentrate--wow, tasty! Aroma was peachy too :)

Color: soft gold

Thickness: Very light in body; highly carbonated with an inch of white, frothy/foamy head.

ABV: 4.5% makes for an easy, two in a sitting, on a hot, humid August day.

Mom Factoid: August is the month of fresh peaches which means peach pie, Grandma Bertsch style! If you like creamy, sweet, juicy, chunky bites of luscious deliciousness, then this is a pie for you! Family recipe, available, if you ask me!  I know what I'll be drinking when I bite into a piece of homemade peach pie!  Cheers :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds good! I guess its too late for peach pie, perhaps next Summer? This was one of my favorite beers for the Summer. I really enjoyed the tartness of the beer, and the peach wasn't too overbearing either. I'll be looking for it next year too!

    ReplyDelete