Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Harpoon Summer Beer

After 25 years, the Harpoon Brewery knows how to make quality brew! They've really hit the mark with their summer seasonal, available April-August, which we ended up enjoying this past weekend. When I asked the husband what type of beer he wanted for Father's Day, he first asked me what I would like to review (so sweet) and then suggested I look for this one. Not only did I find it, but I spotted it in cans, specifically a 12 pack, which was exciting!
So, since today, marks the summer solstice, I find it appropriate to share my tasting notes on this yummy, highly drinkable, summer brew:

Taste: The sip is like a cascade of flavors with no bitterness or hop.  Rather, you are greeted with a sweet, crisp, light citrus blend on the palate! Upon sniffing the beer, I detected an orange floral aroma.

Color: faded gold

Thickness: Out of the can, the beer pours an inch thick, snow white, fluffy head that very quickly fades. The husband thought the carbonation level is perfect for this type of beer, a German Kolsch. According to the Harpoon website: 
  • "Harpoon Summer Beer is a Kolsch style ale.  Originating in the Rhineland city of Cologne (Koln), Kolsch ales have the characteristics that many people associate with lager beers.  Kolsch is brewed with an ale yeast."
ABV: 5%

Mom Factoid: Not only did we celebrate Father's Day with our Harpoon Summer but we also celebrated our son's first birthday! May I add that the beer paired well with his cake :)
Love Beer. Love Life. Harpoon
(great motto)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete