Friday, June 17, 2011

Offshore Amber Ale Martha's Vineyard

You might be wondering how I was able to taste brew from MV & the answer lies in my dad.  He recently spent a week writing in Provincetown & was able to bring some bottles of the Offshore Amber Ale back for me to sample.  Their website provides a brief history of the brewpub and can be accessed at http://www.offshoreale.com/
The Amber Ale is considered their "flagship" brew with a high level of drinkability for visitors of the island to enjoy.  I may not have traveled to the island for my experience of being "offshore" but it sure is a tasty beer. If you're lucky enough to be traveling to MV or Cape Cod this summer, see if you can find some to try too!


Taste: Nutty with caramel overtones & a mildy sweet aftertaste

Color: Poured an acorn hazy brown

Thickness: Medium body, a very small head with barely any froth; low carbonation

ABV: 5.0 %

Mom Factoid: Back in my very early coaching days at Newton South High School, I had the extraordinary experience of taking a ferry over to Martha's Vineyard & chaperoning some members of my Newton South Girls' Basketball family!  Iwould love to return someday with my own family & enjoy the beauty of Martha's Vineyard with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment